Monday, February 9, 2009

Day Get-a-Way

Mark surprised me with a day get-a-way on Saturday. First of all, it was absolutely BEAUTIFUL and second, I didn't know where we were going and I didn't really care! He gave me hints on Thurs. and Fri. - it began with a "G" and it had water... I decided it was going to be Guntersville! It wasn't - we went to Palisades Park in Oneonta and then to Camp Sumatonga. I had never been to either and Mark grew up going to Camp Sumatonga with different church functions. Both were great and the weather was perfect. Me and my pregnant belly climbed all over rocks and up hills. At Palisades, we walked around and looked off the rock ledges. Then we got to play on the playground equipment. They had the old school stuff - you know, no plastic - all metal! My favorite was the slide and the swings - Mark rode the Merry-go-round and I almost puked just watching him go around in circles. We def. decided that was somewhere to take the baby in a year. We then went to Camp Sumatonga. The picnic at the outdoor chapel was so peaceful - just to be out in nature under then natural outdoor chapel was more than I could have imagined. Then we played on the rocks and walked around all over the place. Mark told stories about all the things he used to do there! We both decided that we wish we had been camp counselors at somewhere like that... The day was wonderful and we are really taking the advice of "enjoy each other before baby gets here" seriously.
I leave with pictures of our adventure


No comments: