Friday, February 13, 2009

Ankles and Belly Buttons

So, I get out of the shower yesterday morning and just glance at my ever-changing belly in the mirror and I see something that looks a little different... Not that any of you want to know this, but I have a deep belly button - probably most chubby bellies (like mine) are blessed with this... Anyway, I look again and I can see the END of my belly button starting to come out - NOW, it isn't poking out or nearly poking out - I can just see the end - something I haven't EVER been able to do! So, after inspecting, I scream at Mark to come and look - he comes running and then laughs because I'm freaking out about it it!

Moving on to last night - I get ready for my bath - take off my gym socks and look down and see that I can see EVERY INDENTION of my sock and then I look again and I can see where my trouser socks were from work - So, again, I scream at Mark and it was decided that my legs were a bit swollen - NOT a lot, but still!!! I didn't expect all this stuff to start happening so soon! Granted, I will be 18 weeks on Tuesday - but STILL!

So, I tell the ladies at work today about my new experiences. They are all mothers themselves, so they are getting a kick out of me being pregnant - and I proceed to tell them and actually pull down my sock (you probably thought I was going to say pants to show off my belly button, huh?) to show them where it was swollen and they laugh because you can see the indention of my polka dots on my leg today too! They assure me that it is normal and my Director even shared her strawberry cake with me and told me that it was a fruit serving... and then proceeds to tell me that she could only wear a pair of flip flops her last week of pregnancy - I think they like to "softly" scare me and then laugh at my reactions! ha ha!

No comments: